Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Silver Linings





How beautiful is this weather at the moment? I love English summers (-when the sun is out-) it's so damn pretty. It also means us gals can get our legs out and feel okay about it right?

I wore this outfit out for drinks not so long ago. The American Apparel shorts were snapped up when they had that cheeky 20% discount online. I wouldn't have paid full price for them as let's be honest, you can find black shorts anywhere, however I do love the good quality. I wear them all the time too as they go with anything! The black/silver crop top was from Primark at a measly £6 - nothing like a bargain. My favourite item from this outfit has to be my new summer sandal/heel/wedges - whatever you'd like to call them. I got them from one of those cheapy shoe shops (I'm sure your town has one!) and just love 'em. I've been meaning to buy some strappy heels for a while and these fit the bill, I think they will funk up any pretty summer dress and they go well with skinny jeans too. Giant pink bag alert is from ASOS and comes out of the cupboard when an outfit needs a splash of colour - handy!

What have you all been upto? I've just finished my second year of uni and have some very exciting times ahead, starting with Parklife this weekend in Manchester - yay to the start of festival season! 

Link me to some of your summer outfits I'd love to take a look. Amy xox 

27 comments:

  1. You've got amazing legs Amy, so jealous!! love the outfit and I can't get over how cheap your crop top was and seriously need a pair of those beautiful shoes. :)

    vanzthemachinee.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Vanese! I couldn't get over how cheap the crop top was too! Good old primark aye! xx

      Delete
  2. the weather is unreal, almost too good to be true ha!
    you look unreal, love the outfit!
    xx

    blueviolethearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I hope the sunshine comes back though we've got rain here atm! xx

      Delete
  3. Pretty! Love American Apparel shorts, I just picked a pair up too. They are a must for summer x

    http://raincheckfortimbuktu.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate AA shorts are indeed I've been wearing mine to death - so comfy too xx

      Delete
  4. Love the look! Soak up the sunshine and enjoy Parklife! xo

    modemadeleine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Maddie, I had a brill time! xx

      Delete
  5. you look fabulous in this outfit! lovely clutch and awesome turtle neck crop top! <3

    check out my new outfit post featuring neon pink and beetlejuice! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anthea, thank you! :) Will definitely hop over to your blog and check out your outfits! xx

      Delete
  6. Love your outfits and blog!
    New follower x

    Sarah | sarahcptr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Sarah! Will check your blog out now xx

      Delete
  7. This is such a cute outfit, love the Primark top, would never have guessed it was from there! And I went to Parklife too, how good was it!!

    www.shesmadeup.blogspot.co.uk
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! Oo parklife was amazing wasn't it and the weather was perfect for it! Hope you had a lovely time too xx

      Delete
  8. I love this look and wish I had the figure to pull off those shorts!

    You are amazingly beautiful and look like you could rock anything! Hope you enjoyed Parklife it looked wicked!

    Jade
    x
    www.frolickingfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou Jade that's so kind of you! Parklife was awesome! xx

      Delete
  9. Love this outfit. The clutch is huge! So handy for people like me who take everything including the kitchen sink out with them. I also love those shoes.

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too! I love to carry as much as I can on a night out 'just incase'. Thankyou :) xx

      Delete
  10. Big big fan of this look. You look fab hun. I think the heels are possibly my favourite piece. Such a fan of your blog now! http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Laura! Will check out yours now! xx

      Delete
  11. Hey Amy,

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award tag :)
    http://geekgetsglam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-liebster-award-tag.html

    Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou Becky that's very kind of you! I will check it out! :) xx

      Delete
  12. Looooove this outfit! Your blog is lovely, I am glad I came across it! I have just started a blog of my own, I would really appreciate it if you could have a look / follow back: cocomademe.blogspot.com :) thank you for inspiring me! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely outfit, the top and shoes are gorgeous! Great post, I love your blog.. I followed. Would love it if you could check out my blog and perhaps follow back x

    http://www.beautyisacreationofart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your style! Just started following you!

    ReplyDelete